Gulliver's Doodles...

The Simpsons and Futurama fan art as well as completely original works of art are welcome here. Please post sketches, models, photographs, completed art and everything in between, as long as you're happy with it as a finished item. Constructive criticism is given unless you make clear that you don't want it.
Gulliver63
Sub-sector Control Officer's Assistant

Re: Gulliver's Doodles...

Postby Gulliver63 » Sat Sep 01, 2012 12:25 am

But hold the phone...you guys haven't seen the other sketches I did back in March...
Attachments
Amybug small.jpg
"I always remember an epitaph which is in the cemetery at Tombstone, Arizona. It says: 'Here lies Jack Williams. He done his damnedest.' I think that is the greatest epitaph a man can have - When he gives everything that is in him to do the job he has before him. That is all you can ask of him and that is what I have tried to do."
Harry S Truman

Gulliver63

Postby Gulliver63 » Sat Sep 01, 2012 7:12 pm

Funny that they had the Professor as a tortoise the other night...I've had this post-it note in my journal for five months. In my latest story I had intended to make the Professor into an animal as well, but instead backed off the idea. Funny to think of an elephant saying, "Waaaa?" BTW, I thought elephants weren't supposed to forget.
Attachments
Professor Elephant.jpg
"I always remember an epitaph which is in the cemetery at Tombstone, Arizona. It says: 'Here lies Jack Williams. He done his damnedest.' I think that is the greatest epitaph a man can have - When he gives everything that is in him to do the job he has before him. That is all you can ask of him and that is what I have tried to do."
Harry S Truman

Gulliver63

Postby Gulliver63 » Wed Sep 05, 2012 2:38 am

Another Dune miniseries picture, I did this many months ago and forgot about it. Tell me that these two don't look at least a little like Fry and Leela.
Attachments
Leela Dune small.jpg
Harry S Truman

Gulliver63

Postby Gulliver63 » Sun Sep 09, 2012 11:29 am

Well, here they are - the developmental version of Amelia, which was little more than just Amy and Leela with two heads, and the finished version where they are blended into one person. I love the outfit with Leela boots colored Mulberry like Amy's! BTW, I also found it fun to establish in the story that Amelia has her own tastes which are different from either of the girls. Again, anyone who wants to play with this idea is more than welcome.
Attachments
Amelia Original small.jpg
Amelia Wireframe small.jpg
Harry S Truman

Gulliver63

Postby Gulliver63 » Sun Sep 16, 2012 10:56 pm

This is really kind of a scary picture...if one could peer into the dreams of Zapp Brannigan (ick), they might see something like this. "Zapp...teach me about love, about life..." Actually, I recently had to collect some screengrabs from "Gamesters of Triskelion" for a project.
Attachments
Gamesters Leela small.jpg
Harry S Truman

Gulliver63

Postby Gulliver63 » Sat Sep 22, 2012 9:24 pm

I loaded this in over at dA last night...Amy as O-Ren...all digital, Adobe.
Attachments
Kill Bill Amy small.jpg
Harry S Truman

Gulliver63

Postby Gulliver63 » Sun Sep 23, 2012 1:49 pm

Yesterday I bought a book on the art of Disney's Pocahontas, so I decided to do another "Disney-ized" Leela.
Attachments
Leela Disney.jpg
Harry S Truman

Just Chris
Lickspittle
Lickspittle
Thin White Prefect

Custom Title: Thin White Prefect

Postby Just Chris » Sun Sep 23, 2012 8:06 pm

O-Ren Ishii Leela: very nice! Lovely colour scheme, too. My one problem is that her hand looks a bit clumsy, but that's a tiny nitpick.

Disney-ised Leela: this one looks good too. A bit freakish, but Leela's unique features tend to look odd in different styles. Again, very good work.
My circuits slow
I'm not scared any more
This is the moment that we have been created for.

- The Megas, "The Quick and the Blue"

Will now accept writing commissions! See here for my price list and other information.

<-- avatar by May (it's David Bowie!)

Gulliver63

Postby Gulliver63 » Mon Sep 24, 2012 12:12 am

Thanks! She's gotta look a bit less freaky than those Warner Brothers versions I did ::chuckles:: I think if Disney got a hold of the franchise it would be a disaster, but it would be awful interesting to see what everyone would look like.

BTW, that faux-Disney scene in The Simpsons Movie is just priceless.
Harry S Truman

Gulliver63

Postby Gulliver63 » Sat Sep 29, 2012 1:03 am

Here is a Futurama character that I drew this morning. If you don't recognize her, I won't hold it against you - she was one of the poor hapless victims that got sucked into the straw by a giant Bender in "Anthology of Interest I." I didn't even know what to call her...I thought about calling her "the bystander." I decided to give her a name...Pauletta. Maybe I'll put her into one of my stories someday and actually give her a chance to do something interesting. She actually caught my eye because she resembles one of my story characters, Stephanie Talbot. Anyway, you go, Pauletta...may you have a long acting career in the cartoons...
Attachments
Pauletta Normal small.jpg
Harry S Truman

Gulliver63

Postby Gulliver63 » Sat Sep 29, 2012 4:39 pm

I'm such a huge fan of Little Feat that I don't know why I didn't think of this before. Just a few similarities, mainly in the big hair department.
Attachments
Twins Mom small.jpg
Harry S Truman

Gulliver63

Postby Gulliver63 » Mon Oct 01, 2012 1:02 pm

I think I'm starting to get the hang of this color match-thingee...I did some internet research and found out about things like matching analogous colors on the color wheel. I also love it when my wife gets to help with a project. She saw this picture of Amy that I did several months ago and suggested, "Why don't you give her some purple boots?" Nan is both artistic and smart, and it shows here. It's also sort of a formula of mine to have two similar colors and then to throw in a different color to offset them.
Attachments
Amy Costington Wireframe Purple Boots s.jpg
Harry S Truman

Gulliver63

Postby Gulliver63 » Wed Oct 10, 2012 12:47 am

Yesterday I was trying to think of who all they switched on "Neutopia," and they got a lot of people. I then started thinking of one-off characters. Here then is Steve (oops...Stephanie) Castle from "Future Stock." She looks just as evil and dodgy as her male counterpart...hopefully, she doesn't have boneitis. BTW, the name comes from the script...he was called "that guy" throughout the episode.
Attachments
Stephanie Castle small.jpg
Harry S Truman

Just Chris
Lickspittle
Lickspittle
Thin White Prefect

Custom Title: Thin White Prefect

Postby Just Chris » Sun Oct 14, 2012 7:20 pm

It's That Girl!

Looks on-model and in character, though a long version of That Guy's hairstyle feels a bit weird. Maybe you should have given her some equivalently sleazy female hairstyle instead. But that's a very, very minor nitpick. I liked the character, and this is a good picture.

(Also, I admire the fact that you found out his actual name.)
My circuits slow
I'm not scared any more
This is the moment that we have been created for.

- The Megas, "The Quick and the Blue"

Will now accept writing commissions! See here for my price list and other information.

<-- avatar by May (it's David Bowie!)

Gulliver63

Postby Gulliver63 » Mon Oct 15, 2012 12:30 am

Thanks! I'm not that clever about the name...I just run straight to Wiki Infoshpere for data like that. I did watch most of the episode again. I did take liberties on the outfit, going for a yuppie sweater instead of some kind of business suit.

BTW, my favorite gag in that episode is, "Hey, this isn't a business plan; this looks like an escape plan," as Farnsworth giggles and runs out of the building.
Harry S Truman

PreviousNext

Return to Finished Art