Gulliver's Doodles...

The Simpsons and Futurama fan art as well as completely original works of art are welcome here. Please post sketches, models, photographs, completed art and everything in between, as long as you're happy with it as a finished item. Constructive criticism is given unless you make clear that you don't want it.
Just Chris
Lickspittle
Lickspittle
Thin White Prefect

Custom Title: Thin White Prefect

Re: Gulliver's Doodles...

Postby Just Chris » Mon Feb 18, 2013 2:09 pm

Homer and Samuel L. MF'ing Jackson: looks on-model, though Homer's head seems just a bit small, and his left leg looks wider than his right. Very sweet picture, though. I like the simplicity.

Anton vs. Predator: OK, this movie needs to be made yesterday. I like your style, though it seems to me that Chigurh's nose should be a bit bigger. The Predator looks great, too. (Full disclosure: I haven't actually seen the Predator films yet. I saw part of "Alien vs. Predator" at a hotel in Asunción once, but that's a story for another time.) And the title is beyond perfect.

Whoever wins, we lose they'll probably team up and go on a hunting trip. Then we'll lose.
guten tag

Will now accept writing commissions! See here for my price list and other information.

<-- avatar by May (it's David Bowie!)

Gulliver63
Sub-sector Control Officer's Assistant

Postby Gulliver63 » Mon Feb 18, 2013 2:40 pm

If you can stand the creep factor of Bardem, you should have no trouble with the Predator films. I saw "Skyfall" for the first time on Saturday, and lost all my Cthulhu sanity points when he pulled out his mouthpiece for Judi Dench. Without giving away too much, "Predator" is where a US insurgency team has to tangle with the beasties. "Predator II" is where they go hunting in a near future Los Angeles - great performance by Danny Glover. The first two AVP films are great, but I like the third one, "Predators," where a group of Earthlings find themselves in a hunting refuge for the Predators. I don't think there's a bad film in the bunch. You're probably familiar with the basic plot, that these aliens are sort of like interstellar poachers or big game hunters...the more well-armed the humans are, the more "sporting" they feel the game is.

On the piece, I almost added the caption of, "Whoever wins, we're all screwed."
"I always remember an epitaph which is in the cemetery at Tombstone, Arizona. It says: 'Here lies Jack Williams. He done his damnedest.' I think that is the greatest epitaph a man can have - When he gives everything that is in him to do the job he has before him. That is all you can ask of him and that is what I have tried to do."
Harry S Truman

Gulliver63

Postby Gulliver63 » Tue Feb 19, 2013 1:47 pm

In my story "The Last Turanga 3: Having Faith" I wrote about Fry having his shirt ripped off of his back after he completed his flight training. I was watching a BBC story about a pilot with no arms, and they showed this picture with all those shirts on the wall. You can see that they write little notes and things on them.

BTW, the girl in the report was able to fly using her feet...the plane she flew was an old Ercoupe, which has no rudder pedals. An amazing story about an amazing person.
Attachments
Solo Shirts.JPG
"I always remember an epitaph which is in the cemetery at Tombstone, Arizona. It says: 'Here lies Jack Williams. He done his damnedest.' I think that is the greatest epitaph a man can have - When he gives everything that is in him to do the job he has before him. That is all you can ask of him and that is what I have tried to do."
Harry S Truman

Gulliver63

Postby Gulliver63 » Sun Feb 24, 2013 1:43 am

You've seen my 1980's picture...here is the 1970's version. I had fun doing the "Rumours" album cover. I may do more of these.
Attachments
Futurama 1970s.jpg
Harry S Truman

Just Chris
Lickspittle
Lickspittle
Thin White Prefect

Custom Title: Thin White Prefect

Postby Just Chris » Sun Feb 24, 2013 10:38 am

Heh, that looks very good! The outfits are great (nice Star Wars shirt), and I love Leela's hairstyle: very pretty. The only thing I have a problem with is that Fry's and Leela's heads seem a bit oddly shaped, though that might be because I'm not used to seeing them in those hairstyles. Also, the reflections in Fry's pupils look a bit big, but that's a minuscule quibble.

Off topic, I loved "Skyfall", and Silva was the best part of it. Now that you've seen it, you'll recognise the peroxide-blond gentleman in my avatar. (Well, it could be Universe 1 Anton Chigurh, I guess. Highly confusing.)
guten tag

Will now accept writing commissions! See here for my price list and other information.

<-- avatar by May (it's David Bowie!)

Gulliver63

Postby Gulliver63 » Sun Feb 24, 2013 1:48 pm

Bardem sure was creepy in that flick. They kept saying that it was the best Bond ever, but the last one was awfully good. Here's to hoping he never takes that mouth-thingee out ever again ::chuckles:: I also liked the part were he did a William Tell on that woman.
Harry S Truman

Gulliver63

Postby Gulliver63 » Sun Feb 24, 2013 8:30 pm

Speaking of tentacles and mutants, here was an idea I developed over three years ago for a parabox universe, and never used.
Attachments
Mutant Universe small.jpg
Harry S Truman

Gulliver63

Postby Gulliver63 » Sun Feb 24, 2013 10:39 pm

I've just gotten over the worst cold I've had in 20 years, and I just had to do some art. I only recently saw "Golden Compass," and kicked around doing a Futurama project based on it. That project might never happen, but I've had this image biting me in the brain for a couple of weeks now. What else would Morgan have as a daemon? Fry's was going to be a monkey, and Amy's was going to be a fancy little poodle. I could just see her with a dog like this, calling it her "little poopsie" and such. I may just do this as a separate art piece.

BTW, this is the first time ever that I've drawn a Doberman, and I was amazed at how darn big it's feet are.
Attachments
Morgan Daemon Development small.jpg
Harry S Truman

Gulliver63

Postby Gulliver63 » Thu Feb 28, 2013 3:54 am

Here's the finished Morgan's Daemon. I just love this image. Again, first time I've ever drawn a dog like this.
Attachments
Morgan Daemon_by_Gulliver63 small.jpg
Harry S Truman

Gulliver63

Postby Gulliver63 » Sun Mar 03, 2013 3:04 am

I just dropped this over at dA...the idea hit me last week when I drove home from work. This is what Morgan might look like in the Hippie Universe. I also tooled around with the idea of what she would look like in the Universe of Evil.
Attachments
Morgan 420_by_Gulliver63 small.jpg
Harry S Truman

Gulliver63

Postby Gulliver63 » Wed Mar 06, 2013 2:11 am

I spotted this the other night while scrounging around for screen grabs. After the disastrous opera by Fry in "Devil's Hands,", we can see that one of the theater patrons is none other than Morgan Proctor, complete with a different hairdo. As far as I know, she's not credited in this episode.
Attachments
Devil Hands 13 small.JPG
Harry S Truman

Gulliver63

Postby Gulliver63 » Fri Mar 08, 2013 4:12 am

Here's the next Simpsons guest, Penelope "Baby Girl" Garcia from Criminal Minds. I've had this on my mind for several days.
Attachments
Penelope Garcia small.jpg
Harry S Truman

Gulliver63

Postby Gulliver63 » Wed Mar 13, 2013 12:38 am

They've been batting around the idea of a Futurama/007 mash-up at Madhouse, so I thought I'd share a doodle I did today.
Attachments
Amy Moneypenny small.jpg
Harry S Truman

Gulliver63

Postby Gulliver63 » Fri Mar 15, 2013 2:18 pm

I did this for a guy in the Bronx...enjoy!
Attachments
Leela Genie small_by_Gulliver63.jpg
Harry S Truman

Gulliver63

Postby Gulliver63 » Mon Mar 18, 2013 1:58 am

Not gonna wait on this one, as it's already the 18th across the pond. I officially turn 50 in three hours. I'm proud of any project that I can put my wife and kiddo into...
Attachments
Birthday small.jpg
Harry S Truman

PreviousNext

Return to Finished Art