Lump

The Simpsons and Futurama fan art as well as completely original works of art are welcome here. Please post sketches, models, photographs, completed art and everything in between, as long as you're happy with it as a finished item. Constructive criticism is given unless you make clear that you don't want it.
Kaspired
Senior Technical Supervisor

Re: Lump

Postby Kaspired » Sun Feb 17, 2013 7:36 pm

Gulliver63 wrote:The more I look at the finished project, that is just amazing looking.

Thanks! I really went all out coloring this. There are 55 colors used, and I inked it three times with three different sized pens. For as much detail I put into it, it pales compared to the original.
if you panic you freeze, if you freeze you crash.

Kaspired

Postby Kaspired » Sun Feb 24, 2013 5:03 pm

For no real reason...

barney and crew.jpg
Barflies

Nidotamer
Trainee Technician
Trainee Technician
Secret Nidoran

Custom Title: Secret Nidoran

Postby Nidotamer » Sun Feb 24, 2013 6:20 pm

Well, sometimes it's better to draw for no reason. Never know what you'll come out with!
[21:32] <Chris> The red Snifit!
[21:32] <Chris> My life is now complete.
[21:32] <Chris> MAY: *kills him*
----
"Hey bitch you look kawaii."
"Yah but not as kawaii as you." I answered sadly cause Willow's really pretty and everything. She had a really nice body wif big bobs and everything. She was thin enouff 2 be anorexic.
---- not like I could do much better but eh. :P

Kaspired

Postby Kaspired » Sun Feb 24, 2013 8:10 pm

Okay, I'm sure that by now everybody has seen the teaser trailer for next season. My favorite bit is the PES as a fire truck, with Nibbler hanging out of the window. But the scariest chunk is tentacle Leela.

I'm not a big fan of tentacles to start with, and it's so been there done that (Yivo, Space Whale). What I'm afraid of it'll become another shock value episode like the "In-a-gad-da-leela" mess. But I had to try it. Sorry...

tentacle.jpg
Tentacle Teaser

Gulliver63
Sub-sector Control Officer's Assistant

Postby Gulliver63 » Sun Feb 24, 2013 8:21 pm

For no real reason...

Moe is such a great character...he's one of those characters that's so great because we've all known a "Moe." He reminds me a little of my late Uncle John in New York, maybe not so much in personality, but accent and looks. Petunia is sort of the same way...someone I would have known in Williamsburg, Ohio, hanging out at the Double E bar.

I'm afraid of it'll become another shock value episode

From what I saw of the teaser, there is a lot of that in the upcoming season. I wonder, is tentacle Leela part of the episode called "Leela and the Genestalk"?

Nice sketches, BTW.
"I always remember an epitaph which is in the cemetery at Tombstone, Arizona. It says: 'Here lies Jack Williams. He done his damnedest.' I think that is the greatest epitaph a man can have - When he gives everything that is in him to do the job he has before him. That is all you can ask of him and that is what I have tried to do."
Harry S Truman

Kaspired

Postby Kaspired » Wed Feb 27, 2013 2:48 am

(Cough-cough...)

tentacle 2 - 100.jpg
Tentacle Woman

Just Chris
Yes Man
Yes Man

Postby Just Chris » Fri Mar 01, 2013 8:26 pm

Tentacle woman: that looks very good! I have no negative criticism to make. The tentacles are impressively complex (and nice tentacle hair!), Leela's face looks on-model and has a nice expression, and the chair looks very nice too.

I like the teaser sketch, too. Interesting how you gave Leela such different facial expressions between this and the finished version: both are good, though I think the sketch one is a bit more impressive. But they work in different ways.

(Though I agree with you that tentacles are wearing a bit thin on the show.)
"Is Lord Business... the bad guy?" - The Lego Movie

Will now accept writing commissions! See here for price rates and other information.

Kaspired

Postby Kaspired » Sun Mar 03, 2013 1:25 am

c_nordlander wrote:Tentacle woman: that looks very good! I have no negative criticism to make. The tentacles are impressively complex (and nice tentacle hair!), Leela's face looks on-model and has a nice expression, and the chair looks very nice too.

Thanks! In the clip she could very well be standing in front of the chair, so I wanted to be sure she was sitting. The tentacles were tough to draw. They needed to be involved but still believable.

Just Chris wrote:I like the teaser sketch, too. Interesting how you gave Leela such different facial expressions between this and the finished version: both are good, though I think the sketch one is a bit more impressive. But they work in different ways.

(Though I agree with you that tentacles are wearing a bit thin on the show.)

Sometimes (well almost always) there is a certain something to a rough sketch that just gets worked out in the final piece. :doh: She went from smug to surprised, and I have to agree the smug works a bit better. Like she knew exactly what's going on. To me the main glitch is the tentacle coming out from her left armpit. It looks odd.

Kaspired

Postby Kaspired » Sun Mar 03, 2013 1:42 am

I debated posting this here, it's a raunchy drawing and this version is even more so. But we're grown up adults, right? Well mostly...

A little while ago Yahoo posted a list of legs that have been insured for over a million dollars. Some were expected (Betty Grable), and some were a surprise (Sharon Stone from the movie "Fatal Attraction").

millin dollar legs - 100.jpg
Million Dollar Legs

What I first liked about the pose was how totally relaxed she was sitting there. Everything else was secondary.

Gulliver63

Postby Gulliver63 » Sun Mar 03, 2013 3:08 am

I just love that thing that happens on the flesh with the Copics...when the alcohol level in the paper really gets up there, and the blending really happens. I also like that bit of blue that you throw in on the eyes to make them more 3D.
"I always remember an epitaph which is in the cemetery at Tombstone, Arizona. It says: 'Here lies Jack Williams. He done his damnedest.' I think that is the greatest epitaph a man can have - When he gives everything that is in him to do the job he has before him. That is all you can ask of him and that is what I have tried to do."
Harry S Truman

Kaspired

Postby Kaspired » Sun Mar 10, 2013 1:45 am

A little something from Bongo Futurama issue #65.

ice cold war - 100.jpg
Ice Cold War

Leela is on the planet "New Holdem", getting ready to play poker to win back our Sun.

Just Chris
Yes Man
Yes Man

Postby Just Chris » Sun Mar 17, 2013 8:20 pm

Amy on chair: I don't think it's that raunchy, she might be wearing a thong for all we know. :) Something strikes me as a bit wrong with her face, possibly the angle between her eyes and forehead. Other than that, looks very good, and the colouring is great. I giggled at your logo on the chair.

Leela: the dress seems a bit more risqué than anything Leela would wear, but great drawing. Her pose is excellent, and the background is beautiful. Nice and original.

Will now accept writing commissions! See here for price rates and other information.

Kaspired

Postby Kaspired » Mon Mar 18, 2013 2:23 am

c_nordlander wrote:Amy on chair: I don't think it's that raunchy, she might be wearing a thong for all we know. :) Something strikes me as a bit wrong with her face, possibly the angle between her eyes and forehead. Other than that, looks very good, and the colouring is great. I giggled at your logo on the chair.

Well the references are subtle, and probably era related. In the movie, she isn't wearing a thong. The other is the cat. It's a take off from a Johnny Carson gag. As far as the logo, I'm trying to work it into the drawing somehow and occasionally I hit it right.

Just Chris wrote:Leela: the dress seems a bit more risqué than anything Leela would wear, but great drawing. Her pose is excellent, and the background is beautiful. Nice and original.

I guess it's okay to post the reference panel. It's easy to see what I used and what I changed. One thing I liked was the figure doesn't take up the entire panel, she's limited to a corner. The other thing was, me being me, I tried to figure out how the gangway worked. I think it raises, then retracts into the ship and the footpad becomes the hatch cover. Man, can I over think things or what?

ice cold war 2 - 100.jpg
Ice Cold War Reference

(From the previous panel) Leela: Okay Boys, It's time for a weapon I don't like to use. But the world is at stake!
Bender: What kind of weapon? An atomic bomb?
Fry: A bear with chainsaw paws?

Just Chris
Yes Man
Yes Man

Postby Just Chris » Mon Mar 18, 2013 10:03 am

Ah, I see. While I'm a complete noob when it comes to art, I think your Leela picture looks better than the original comic panel. Her pose seems less stiff.

Kaspired

Postby Kaspired » Wed Mar 20, 2013 5:45 am

An idea. A very rough concept. Another parody (of a commercial for a TV provider this time).
pong 1 - 100.jpg
Pong

So I'm interested in your ideas for this one. Any good gags? Different character? Bomb it and forget about it? Anything?

PreviousNext

Return to Finished Art