New Futurama Sneak Peek Trailer

Discuss The Simpsons, Futurama and other Groening related stuff. Remember Life in Hell?
Forum rules
When posting reviews of new episodes, please be sure to add "REVIEW:" to the start of your title so the software knows that it's a review.
Stretch Dude
General Control Officer
General Control Officer

New Futurama Sneak Peek Trailer

Postby Stretch Dude » Wed Feb 13, 2013 5:28 am

Now YouTubed for you non-Americans.

Prepare for things to happen and jokes to be made!
I memorized "Holy Grail" really well
I can recite it right now and have you ROTFLOL
- "Weird Al" Yankovic, "White and Nerdy"

"Any pile of stunted growth unaware that entertainment is just that and nothing more, deserves to doom themselves to some dank cell, somewhere, for having been so stupid!! Movies, books, T.V., music - they're all just entertainment, not guidebooks for damning yourself!" - Nny

I draw too, dammit!

Lisabella
Sub-sector Control Officer

Re: New Futurama Sneak Peek Trailer

Postby Lisabella » Sun Feb 24, 2013 1:51 am

Spoiler
Now known as Lisabella! (Or Missy.  Missy's good.)

Creator of the Waving Universe

Crack!Fic, The Marge Simpson Way: "Just then, Sir Lancelot rode up on a white horse and saved Joan of Arc.  They got married and lived in a spaceship.  The end." - Tales from the Public Domain, "Hot Child In The City"

Stretch Dude
General Control Officer
General Control Officer

Postby Stretch Dude » Sun Feb 24, 2013 3:54 am

Spoiler
I memorized "Holy Grail" really well
I can recite it right now and have you ROTFLOL
- "Weird Al" Yankovic, "White and Nerdy"

"Any pile of stunted growth unaware that entertainment is just that and nothing more, deserves to doom themselves to some dank cell, somewhere, for having been so stupid!! Movies, books, T.V., music - they're all just entertainment, not guidebooks for damning yourself!" - Nny

I draw too, dammit!

Just Chris
Lickspittle
Lickspittle
Thin White Prefect

Custom Title: Thin White Prefect

Postby Just Chris » Sun Feb 24, 2013 10:27 am

Uh... why do they have to have a random anthology episode? Can't they just bring back Anthology of Interest?

I realise I'm knocking it before I've seen it, but this is the same kind of rubbish The Simpsons pulled when it was starting to go bad.
You've been here before
You know what's in store
Mankind is obsolete;
History will repeat.

- The Megas, "Make Your Choice"

Will now accept writing commissions! See here for my price list and other information.

<-- avatar by May (it's David Bowie!)

Lisabella

Postby Lisabella » Sat Mar 02, 2013 10:27 pm

IDK. They've done it the past couple of seasons in a row (Naturama was last season, the season before that the one where the show was the show in various mediums).

Crack!Fic, The Marge Simpson Way: "Just then, Sir Lancelot rode up on a white horse and saved Joan of Arc.  They got married and lived in a spaceship.  The end." - Tales from the Public Domain, "Hot Child In The City"

Gulliver63
Sub-sector Control Officer's Assistant
Sub-sector Control Officer's Assistant

Postby Gulliver63 » Sat Mar 02, 2013 10:48 pm

I have to chime in and agree with you guys...those Anthology episodes were so cute and well done. Surely they have heard fans asking for the return of these...
"I always remember an epitaph which is in the cemetery at Tombstone, Arizona. It says: 'Here lies Jack Williams. He done his damnedest.' I think that is the greatest epitaph a man can have - When he gives everything that is in him to do the job he has before him. That is all you can ask of him and that is what I have tried to do."
Harry S Truman

Just Chris
Lickspittle
Lickspittle
Thin White Prefect

Custom Title: Thin White Prefect

Postby Just Chris » Sat Mar 02, 2013 11:50 pm

missy_misery wrote:IDK. They've done it the past couple of seasons in a row (Naturama was last season, the season before that the one where the show was the show in various mediums).

That's what I meant. They've started a "tradition" after the show has already been running for several seasons (and films), and now they're acting like they have to do it every season, same way that OFF did by starting anthology episodes from Season 10 on.

EDIT: I'm not saying they *have* to have an AOI each season, either (though, like Gulliver, I'd be very happy if they did). If the ideas don't come, you have to wait for them. (Though OFF never had any difficulty giving us a Treehouse of Horror episode every season.) But I'd much, much prefer that to a random non-AOI anthology episode every season.

Alternately: have non-AOI episodes occasionally, but not every single season. That'd also be good.
You've been here before
You know what's in store
Mankind is obsolete;
History will repeat.

- The Megas, "Make Your Choice"

Will now accept writing commissions! See here for my price list and other information.

<-- avatar by May (it's David Bowie!)

Lisabella

Postby Lisabella » Thu Mar 07, 2013 12:19 am

Mmm, I understand how you feel - and this seasons' tending toward wacky in a fresh way that's mildly disconcerting - but I have a bit of faith that this might be good.

Return to Simpsons and Futurama Discussions